Melissa Venable, principal and Founder of LPS, is experienced in urban design, campus planning, residential and commercial design, re-zoning, landscape architecture and natural resource management. Efforts over the past 22 years have given Melissa great exposure and expertise in planning, urban design and site development. A graduate of University of Maryland with a Bachelor in Landscape Architecture; Melissa has gained the majority of her experience in the Washington Metropolitan Market. After working with many clients in the Hampton Roads area over 10 years ago, she decided that Tidewater was the place she would call home.
“Experience has taught me – you care about your client’s projects and problems as if they were your own. I didn’t think much of this in my 20’s but today this is prevalent throughout my life. Here at LPS, it is part of our mission, our drive, and our success!”
- Land Planning Solutions (LPS): Principal and founder 2004 to Present
- Culpepper Landing – Robinson Development Group – Chesapeake Virginia. Took over as lead planner for the planned 1,095 unit development in 2007. Responsibilities represented the client throughout rezoning, PUD modification, conceptual design modifications, oversight of engineering and site and subdivision plans, as well as serving as the head of the Architectural Review Board.
- Monarch Bank – Chesapeake, Virginia. Lead planner for a 6 acres subdivision including a 13,000 s.f. two story bank/office building. Responsibilities included land planning, rezoning, and conditional use permits.
- Bryan’s Cove – Rose & Womble – Chesapeake Virginia. Lead planner for 144 acre subdivision to include 615 residential units, a marina, and a retail facility. Responsibilities included land planning, site analysis, land use plans, and rezoning.
Additional Notable Projects Include:
- Meridian Parkside, Newport News, Virginia – Planning
- New Port, Portsmouth, Virginia – Planning, Landscape Design & Rezoning
- Bryans Cove, Chesapeake, Virginia – Planning, Rezoning
- Harbour View, Suffolk, Virginia -Planning, Landscape Design
- Stockbridge at Tanglewood, Elizabeth City, NC – Planning, Rezoning
- Watermark Town Center, Chesterfield, Virginia – Planning
- Sommerton, Chesapeake, Virginia – Planning & Landscape Design
- Jolliff Landing, Chesapeake, Virginia – Planning, Rezoning, Variances
- Metro West, Vienna, Virginia – Planning, Recognized by ULI for Smart Growth
- Towne Bank Campus, Suffolk, Virginia – Planning, Landscape Design
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member of the Urban Land Institute
- Member of Tidewater Builders Association
- Member of Peninsula Housing and Building Association
- Suffolk Board of Zoning Appeals, Alternate