A graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, with a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, Eric joined LPS in the Summer of 2006. Eric’s passion for landscape architecture and site design has taken him from Charleston to Manhattan. Notable work has included a city wide green space design for Roanoke, Virginia. HIs talents allow him to work on a variety of project stages, such as, conceptual site design, detailed private residential and commercial landscape plans, illustrative master plans, park and recreation facility design.
A self-proclaimed foodie, you will almost always find Eric with his wife, dog and cat at home grinding meat for burgers and sausages and preparing the smoker for some home-cured bacon. “It’s all fun and games,” he says,”Until you have to do the dishes.”
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, Cum Laude, August 2004
Tidewater Community College, Virginia Beach, VA
Associate in Science, Emphasis on Fine Arts, Magna Cum Laude, June 2000
Land Planning Solutions (LPS): Landscape Designer, 2006 to Present
- Culpepper Landing – Robinson Development Group – Chesapeake Virginia.
Landscape designer and head of landscape design review board for the community. Numerous designs built or in various stages of construction for single family residences, the community entry feature, clubhouse, pool, playground, and dogpark.
- Towne Bank Campus – Towne Bank – Suffolk, Virginia
Served as the landscape designer at the Towne Bank Campus in suffolk designing public spaces and amenities. Key site feature include a performance tent located along a unique retaining wall overlooking the adjacent pond. Site amenities were planned throughout the design with hardscape, seating areas, and associated plantings.
- Jolliff Landing – Wirth Commercial Group LLC – Chesapeake, Virginia
Landscape designer and assistant planner for an 84 unit townhome development. Low impact design considerations were a priority, including narrow street design, street tree incorporation, and an extensively landscaped bio-retention facility design to handle the sites stormwater and act as an attractive park-like feature for the community.
Additional Notable Projects Include:
- Benn’s Grant, Isle of Wight County, Virginia – Planning and open space design
- Manchester Station, Virginia Beach, Virginia – Landscape Plans and Entry Feature Design
- Meridian Parkside, Newport News, Virginia – Landscape Design First Baptisit Church, Elizabeth City, North Carolina – Landscape Design and Planting Plans
Previous Work Experience
- SGA Architecture, Charleston, SC – Landscape Architecture Intern, 2004 – 2006
Responsibilities including site design, residential design, commercial layout, parks, playgrounds, master planning, project coordination,cost estimating, and planting plans.
- ULI Young Leaders Member, 2008-Current
- Shirley Brandes Staley Award for Studio Design Excellence
- American Society of Landscape Architects Honor Award for Outstanding Performance in LAR, 2004
- Award winning Green Space Design 2003 for master open space plan in Roanoke Virginia