Jeff Huentelman joined LPS at the end of 2004, bringing a wide range of skills and experience to the firm. Working as an engineer in Hampton Roads for the 13 years, Jeff has design, management and field expertise. His efficiency and high-quality work have become well known and he has formed many long standing relationships with city officials and developers throughout the region. Jeff has been sought after to work on many high profile projects such as East Beach in Norfolk and Culpepper Landing in Chesapeake, both large scale mixed-used communities showcased in Hampton Roads.
- Regent University, Virginia Beach, Virginia School of Business, May 2002
Master of Business Administration (MBA),
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio College of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, June 1999
Major: Civil Engineering,
Land Planning Solutions (LPS): Project Engineer 2004 to Present
- Monarch Bank – Chesapeake Virginia. Project engineer for the 6 acre subdivision and 13,000 s.f. office/bank building. Prepared site and subdivision plans, stormwater management facility design, offsite road & drainage improvements, and construction administration.
- Bridgeway Commerce Park – Overton Family Partnership – Suffolk, Virginia. Project engineer for the River Stone Chop House (an 11,000 s.f. restaurant) and the Woodley Office Building (a three story, 23,000 s.f. office building).
- Jolliff Landing – Chesapeake Virginia. Project engineer/manager for 84 fee simple townhome community. Prepared subdivision plans, construction plans and LID stormwater management design.
Additional Notable Projects
- Meridian Parkside, Newport News, Virginia – Design of 138 townhomes and 388 apartments
- River Pointe Estates, Portsmouth, Virginia – PE for the design of a 40 acre community
- Victory Crossing, Portsmouth, Virginia – PE for the redevelopment of Tower Mall
- Mercury Plaza, Hampton, Virginia – PE for the redevelopment of Coliseum Mall
- Manchester Station, Virginia Beach, Virginia – PE for an 108 acre subdivision
- Stockbridge at Tanglewood, Elizabeth City, North Carolina – PE for a 212 acre subdivision
Previous Work Experience
Woolpert LLP, Portsmouth, Virginia, March 2002 to 2005
- East Beach – East Beach Company LLC – Norfolk, Virginia. Project Engineer/Manager for the design of a 100-acre mixed use traditional neighborhood development. The project contains 700 residential units, commercial, office and retail. Phase 1 of East Beach was the site of the 2004 Homearama.
- Coliseum Mall / Mercury Plaza – Mall Properties, Inc. – Hampton, Virginia. Project Engineer/Manager for the redevelopment of Coliseum Mall and Mercury Plaza. Responsibilities included design of site construction plans, coordination of utility relocations, construction management and inspection.
- Tidewater Skanska Corporation, Virginia Beach, Virginia, July 1999 to March 2002
- Suffolk Bypass, Route 58 to Route 13 – Virginia Department of Transportation – Suffolk, Virginia.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers
- Hampton Roads Association for Commercial Real Estate (HRACRE)
- Tidewater Builders Association (TBA)
- Home Builders Association of Virginia (HBAV)