As a Project Manager and Construction Professional, Nathan brings an exceptional blend of mechanical intuition and industry knowledge to LPS. He has consistently been recognized for his keen ability to increase efficiency and decrease the need for reengineering. His creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills complemented by an acute understanding of detail drawings and specifications, make him a perfect fit to LPS’ engineering team.
Nathan is proud of his faith, loves his family, and spends as much time as possible hunting and enjoying the outdoors.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA 2003
B.S., Mechanical Engineering
Land Planning Solutions (LPS): Project Manager 2011
Responsible for all aspects of site/subdivision design, plan approval process and applicable permitting.
Notable Projects Include
- Bryans Cove – Chesapeake, VA
- Decoys Restaurant – Suffolk, VA
- Nansemond Suffolk Academy at Towne Bank – Suffolk, VA
- Culpepper Landing – Chesapeake, VA
- Meridian Harbour View – Suffolk, VA
- East Beach – Norfolk, VA
- Stockbridge at Tanglewood – Elizabeth City, NC
Previous Work Experience
A&W Contractors: 2007 – 2011
- Sherwood Lakes, Virginia Beach – Managed grading operations for a 240 acre neighborhood with 180+ lots and Virginia Beach’s largest BMP, moving more than 1 million yd3 soil. Facilitated installation of sewer pump station, deep gravity sewer, 2 miles of sewer force main, potable water, and storm drain system. Performed grading operations sloping banks of one 100 acre, 50’ deep pond and an additional 35 acre, 40’ deep pond.
- Tapestry Apartments, Chesapeake – Managed grading and utility installation operations of a 12 acre site developing it into apartments. Oversaw installation of deep sewer well point system, deep sewer, waterline, storm drain system, sewer force main, sewer pump station, curb and gutter, asphalt, and jack and bore of 150’ sewer force main under The Chesapeake Expressway.
- Jefferson Marketplace, Newport News – Managed all grading and utility installation operations in the development of a 16 acre city block into a shopping center and apartments on Jefferson Avenue. Directly implemented several major traffic control patterns including multiple lane closures on one of the busiest roads in Hampton Roads. Oversaw jack and bore of gravity sewer under 7 lanes of Jefferson Ave. to tie into existing sewer in the middle of traffic on the opposite side of road. Oversaw installation of waterline, sewer, storm system, underground BMP, curb and gutter, asphalt, and new traffic signals.
Chesapeake Bay Construction Co: Foreman 2004 – 2007
Developed leadership and technical skills in managing a crew, general contracting, and field related problem solving.
Northrop Grumman: Newport News, Engineer 2003 – 2004